The Club National Championships, hosted by the Clermont County, will be held July 9-14, 2019, on Harsha Lake in Bethel, Ohio.
Athletes can participate in Junior B (16 or under), as well as Junior A categories.
The 2019 Elite Camp will, once again include participation in sweep or scull boats.
The camp will culminate with participation in the Club Nationals, one of the most important races in the country.
Miami Rowing Club provides one of the best rowing environments in South Florida.
Our facility, equipment, and amazing weather provide an ideal experience for Summer training.
The Elite Camp is open to top MRC rowers and qualified athletes from other Schools or Clubs. All applications will be reviewed by the MRC Head Coach for final approval.
Elite Camp will run from, June through July 2019.
All athletes will travel as a team to Club Nationals in Harsha Lake in Bethel, Ohio.
Head Coach: Cesar Herrera | Other coach will be announce before Youth National 2019.
- Non-Refundable Deposit by June 15, 2019.
- Experienced coxswains, male and female, whose application is accompanied with a resume and references.
- Erg time standards:
- Boys Junior A: 6:45 or better
- Girls’ Junior A: 7:50 or better
- Boys Junior B: 7:00 or better
- Girls’ Junior B: 8:15 or better
- Intermediate Category Boys and Girls
- Open Boys and Girls category
Coaching recommendations should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order for your application to be considered completed.
- Application completed and Non-refundable Deposit ($500.00) by May 25, 2019
- You will be notified of your acceptance by: June 1st, 2019
- Camp cost in full must be paid in full by: June 15, 2019
Rowers will have practice Monday to Saturday two or three times per day. Athletes will participate in water practice, land training, erg, and video section.
We will provide the final training schedule before the start of the Elite Camp.
Sunday practice will be scheduled as needed. July 4TH will be a day off.
How do i get invited to the camp
- Register on-line and pay deposit by the deadline.
- Meet the minimum erg time standard.
- Rowers may be accepted with different erg times at the discretion of the Head Coach. Race results during the sprint season may affect those decisions.
- Commit to attending the camp from June through July
- Agree to travel to Club Nationals.
- Invited rowers will be notified by July 1, 2019
WHAT ARE THE CAMP GOALS and BENEFITS?
- Achieving a higher fitness level for experienced, competitive rowers.
- Increasing technical skills for both Sweep and Sculling.
- Increasing technical and leadership skills for coxswains.
- Building teamwork and good sportsmanship.
- Winning at Club Nationals.
- Cost effectiveness.(Florida Rowers)
- No travel expenses necessary as with out of state programs.
- No lodging and expensive meal plans.
- Rowing close to home is less stressful for rowers and families.
- Rising seniors gain an edge on the college recruitment process.
- Non-seniors gain critical insight and experience that will improve their potential when they are college bound.
- DEPOSIT of $500 – non-refundable after June 15, 2019.
- TOTAL COST: $2,500.00, which includes:
- Boat transportation, entry fees and lodging for Club Nationals.
- Facilities use during the Camp.
- Snack in each practice
- Coaching Stafd
Please contact the MRC Head Coach, Cesar Herrera at: email@example.com