WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN AN ADULT ROWER AND A MASTER ROWER?
- The term "master" is a racing category for experienced, but non-elite, competitors aged 22 and above.
- At the Miami Rowing Club, a master rower is an experienced rower who regularly trains to compete.
- A member of the Miami Rowing Club who is 18 or older who rows but does not train to compete in races.
- A rower 18 or over who rows for physical fitness, for recreation or just for the fun of it.
I'M NEW AT ROWING. HOW CAN I FIND A PROGRAM THAT'S RIGHT FOR ME?
- If you are "new", meaning you would like to learn how to row, please check out our Learn-to-Row program.
- If you are "new", meaning you have learned to row but are a beginner with little experience on the water, please contact Yamel Ortiz to determine how we may best accommodate you.
Private or Group Lessons
I WANT TO ROW, BUT NOT RACE. WHAT PROGRAMS DO YOU HAVE FOR ME?
Please contact Yamel Ortiz
, for information about rowing groups that might be suitable for your skill level and rowing goals.
ARE YOU AN EXPERIENCED MASTER ROWER WHO WANTS TO TRAIN FOR COMPETITION?
MRC is the place for you! Contact us, we'd love to have you come out to row with us.
- Competitive master women:
- The competitive master women's group currently meets three times a week.
- Tuesday and Thursday 5:30 to 7:00am - sculling only.
- Saturday 6:30 to 8:30 - sweep and sculling. Many of us go to breakfast together afterwards.
- If you are ready to race, Email us for more information.
- Competitive master men who are ready to race, email Aurelio Salas for more information.
ARE YOU A COXSWAIN?
Coxswains may join for free!
The Miami Rowing Club thinks coxswains walk, as well as row, on water! In appreciation, coxswains that will commit to regular coxing in our masters programs are exempt from membership fees.
Please contact us through the contact form below to introduce yourself.
CAN I CHECK OUT THE CLUB TO SEE IF IT IS RIGHT FOR ME?
- Prospective members get 3 free rows with an experienced MRC member or group within a 30 day period.
- Equipment may be used only if accompanied by an experienced member or authorized MRC coach.
- After one month, membership is required.
If you have any other comments or questions, please Contact Us