Miami Rowing Club Elite Camp 2016 is designed to provide top-level high school rowers a comprehensive and competitive Summer rowing experience. Miami Rowing Club Elite Camp is an intensive program meant to prepare athletes for participation in high level national competition, specifically USRowing Club Nationals.
Athletes can participate in Junior B (16 or under), as well as Junior A categories.
The 2016 Elite Camp will, once again include participation in sweep or scull boats.
The camp will culminate with participation in the 2016 Club Nationals in Bethel, Ohio one of the most important races in the country.
Miami Rowing Club provides one of the best rowing environments in South Florida. Our facility, equipment, and amazing weather provide an ideal experience for Summer training.
The Elite Camp is open to top MRC rowers and qualified athletes from other Schools or Clubs. All applications will be reviewed by the MRC Head Coach for final approval.
Elite Camp will run from, June 15 through July 17.
All athletes will travel as a team to Club Nationals in Bethel, Ohio.
Junior Men’s Head Coach: Cesar Herrera (MRC Head Coach and Varsity Men’s Coach)
Junior Women’s Coach: Yhoan Uribarri (MRC Varsity Women’s Coach) Assistant Coach: TBA
- www.teamunify.com/reczzmrc. Deposit must be received by April 30, 2016.
- Experienced coxswains, male and female, whose application is accompanied with a resume and references.
- Erg time standards:
- Boys Junior A: 6:45 or better
- Girls Junior A: 7:50 or better
- Boys Junior B: 7:00 or better
- Girls Junior B: 8:15 or better
- Coaching recommendations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for your application to be considered completed.
- Application completed and Non-refundable Deposit($500.00) by 04/30/2016
- You will be notified of your acceptance by: 05/07/2016
- Camp cost in full must be paid in full by: 05/25/2016
Rowers will have practice Monday to Saturday two or three times per day. Athletes will participate in water practice, land training, erg, and video section
We will provide the final training schedule before the start of the Elite Camp.
Sunday practice will be scheduled as needed. July 4TH will be a day off.
HOW DO I GET INVITED TO ATTEND THE CAMP?
- Register on-line @ www.teamunify.com/reczzmrc and pay deposit by the deadline of April 30, 2016.
- Meet the minimum erg time standard.
- Rowers may be accepted with different erg times at the discretion of the Head Coach. Race results during the sprint season may affect those decisions.
- Commit to attending the camp from June 15 to July 17th.
- Agree to travel to Club Nationals.
- Invited rowers will be notified by May 7, 2016
WHAT ARE THE CAMP GOALS and BENEFITS?
- Achieving a higher fitness level for experienced, competitive rowers.
- Increasing technical skills for both sweep and sculling.
- Increasing technical and leadership skills for coxswains.
- Building teamwork and good sportsmanship.
- Winning at Club Nationals.
- Cost effectiveness.(Florida Rowers)
- No travel expenses necessary as with out of state programs.
- No lodging and expensive meal plans.
- Rowing close to home is less stressful for rowers and families.
- Rising seniors gain an edge on the college recruitment process.
- Non-seniors gain critical insight and experience that will improve their potential when they are college bound.
- DEPOSIT of $500 – non-refundable after April 30, 2016.
- FEE TBA: For camp + Club Nationals, which includes:
- Boat transportation, entry fees and lodging for Club Nationals.
- Coaching Staff
Please contact the MRC Head Coach, Cesar Herrera at
FOR MORE INFORMATION